March is a lot of things… The end of winter, an excuse for everyone to pretend they’re Irish and the month we celebrate women’s history. It’s also National Nutrition Month. Thus, we’ve decided we are going to post a nutritious recipe each day for the next 31 days to our social media pages, complete with More of the Omegas You Need.™
Health professionals recommend that the average person consumes an estimated 250mg – 1000mg of DHA and EPA omega-3 per day. However, the majority of Americans don’t eat enough. This is contributing to health and behavioral problems like heart disease, Alzheimer’s, ADHD and obesity. That’s why we’re working to make sure more Americans are getting enough omega-3s.
Get ready for 31 Days of Nutritious Recipes, and make sure to use or substitute our three flavors of pasta sauce (each infused with 200mg of omega-3 per serving) and our odorless, flavorless TruMega® Fish Oil.
Day 1: Poached Atlantic Cod & Asparagus
- 1 Jar Omega Foods® Traditional Pasta Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 pound Atlantic Cod
- 1 pound Asparagus (trimmed & rinsed)
- Pour Omega Foods® Traditional Pasta Sauce into a skillet and bring to a simmer.
- Sprinkle salt & pepper over the cod.
- Add asparagus to the skillet in an even layer.
- Place cod on top of the asparagus.
- Cover and cook until just firm.
- Serve alone or over whole grain rice.
Check out the rest of our 31 Days of Nutritious Recipes by following our Facebook page, our Twitter handle and our Pinterest boards! #31DaysofNutritiousRecipes